Monday, July 1, 2013

Month 11 Day 1

Notebook entry
11 reports given, work-up, cleaned weapon, tried to fix assignment, met Bernie and agreed to meet

Journal entry
I slept in until 0703, cut my hair.  Shit shower shaved.  I talked to one of the Nepalese guys who was working on cleaning the bathroom.  He said that a bunch of them were recruited from Dubai where they were working, and that they made $4.50 per hour. 

I came back talked to Suzan, cleaned my rifle, pistol, and ammo. 

I caught up on E-mails, and tried to work my assignment to MEF as opposed to 11th Marines. 

Watched 'The Bucket list' it was pretty well acted, but the scenarios are so hard to relate to, that it would be difficult to think it were done badly.  It sure would have been fun to film though.


Had trouble falling asleep because of the assignment thing.  It is really pissing me off.  It really doesn't matter how hard you work in the USMC, they are going to put you wherever they have a slot, not where you fit best or where you want to go.  It is totally random.  

No comments:

Post a Comment